Yes, that was a great movie.
BUT I’m actually talking about all of the delightful pink goodies that take over the marketplace once October hits.
I always find that people are really gung-ho about Breast Cancer Month at the beginning of October and then the energy kind of peters out by the end of the month, so I wanted to post some pink goodies to inspire us all to keep on supporting this amazing cause right until the end of October! (Of course, because we’re nearly there, a lot of these items are on sale too!)
Here are my top picks of the guiltless goodies you can grab to make your contribution to this worthwhile cause. If you have your own favourite pink products, please share in the comments below!
The key for me in purchasing products is that they are useful. While it is always great to give money to a good cause, I’d rather make a donation and not get anything in return than have a bunch of useless purchases piling up in my house! So my picks are things that are useful (or just really pretty!) while still benefiting breast cancer research and awareness.
All are available on Amazon.com. Click on the name of the product to go to its Amazon page.
- Pink Ribbon Awareness Fox Run Cookie Cutter, $3.91 – because how adorable is the idea of pink-frosted breast cancer ribbon cookies?
- KitchenAid KSM150PSPK Komen Foundation Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer, Pink, $299 (reduced from $349!) – KitchenAid’s whole pink series is awesome. The mixer is one of the most expensive items, there are also spatulas and whisks – so pretty!
- Mobile Edge Komen Eco-Friendly Tote, Black with Pink Trim, $61.33 (reduced from $79.99!) – I love this bag, I would buy it even if it wasn’t for a good cause! Bonus: it fits 16″ laptops :).
- It’s a 10 miracle leave in product breast cancer awareness limited edition bottle, $15.30 (reduced from $17.96!) – my hairdresser actually just told me about the It’s a 10 leave-in product; she said it’s no-frills, no fancy marketing but when she tried it it works miracles, literally! She put it on my hair and it was soooo silky. So when I saw they had a pink version out – hello! Easy buy.
- OPI Limited Edition Pink of Hearts Nail Lacquer, $5.25 – I’m a huge OPI fan. Love their brushes, love their staying power, and I love their pale nudes and pinks for my fingernails. This is just another great shade to add to the collection while helping out a worthy cause.
- Love Your ta tas Breast Cancer Awareness Tank Top, $9.99 (reduced from $24!) – how cute is this tank top? The jury is still out on how I feel about the term “ta tas” but the tank is cute enough and cheap enough (look at that price!) for me to suck it up.
- ARTEX Breast Cancer Awareness Beanie, $12.99 – this beanie – or as we would say in Canada, this toque – is adorable and will keep you warm all winter long. I have a narrow, long face so beanies don’t do me many favours, but sometimes I’m just too cold to care, so that’s where this pink number will come in very handy!
- Sonia Kashuk Breast Cancer Awareness Proudly Pink Brush Set, $29.99 – Sonia Kashuk’s brushes are heavenly, and I cannot get over how adorable the faded pink bristles are on this 6-piece set. Bargain!
- Pink Snuggie Blanket – The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, $8.03 (reduced from $29.95!) – Okay, so I have never actually owned – or even tried – a Snuggie (I promise I would confess if I had). But one of my dearest friends is obsessed with them, so I put this in here just for her. And it is crazily discounted right now!
- Babyliss PRO Nano Titanium Pink Breast Cancer Edition 1-1/4 Inch Floating Plate Sol-Gel Technology Ionic Generator (450F) WITH FREE 1 Inch Nano Titanium U-Styler with Side Heating Plates, $99.95 – Okay, I have no idea what any of that means. But this is basically a straightening iron (plus an extra free one) with lots of super fancy technology. I do know that it being titanium and having all that fancy ionic stuff it is supposed to not scorch your hair so much when you use it. And I figure, who doesn’t need a hair straightener? Mine is my best friend! (Did you actually make it to the end of this paragraph or are you still stuck on the name?)
- Breast Cancer Awareness Swiffer Sweeper 2-in-1 Starter Kit Limited Edition, $27.99 – you can’t exactly get more practical than this buy. With 3 cats, our Swiffer is our saviour, and if you have to have brooms and cleaning products litter up your laundry closet, why not make them pretty?
- Apollo Precision Tools DT3795P 18-Piece Gardening Tool Set, Pink, $77.74 (reduced from $79.99) – well, if I didn’t automatically kill anything that grows and is green, I would love this little gardening toolset. I may not have a green thumb, but I can muster up a pink one!
- Have you ever bought a product benefiting breast cancer awareness? If so, what was it? I haven’t purchased too many but the biggest contribution I made to breast cancer research was taking part in the CIBC Run for the Cure, a 5K held in downtown Vancouver every year. I did it the first year I moved here for college – 2003. Amazing. I went from doing tiny 5Ks on my small island home to this huge event. It was breathtaking!
- Would you buy anything from this list? If not, can you share any other breast cancer awareness products you’ve seen and coveted?