Happy Halloween! I visited a pumpkin patch last year but haven’t made it there so far this year :(. They’re so fun!
I need to know what you all did for Halloween (or what you’re doing). And, of course, what you were. I am terrible and completely uncreative when it comes to costumes, so was lucky this year because I went to a Japanese Harajuku-themed party, which basically meant I had to dress up in Japanese funky street style. Being told what I have to be makes life a lot easier for me!
Some of my past Halloween costumes have been pretty boring standards…an angel (2006), a witch (2007), a devil (2008 – not pictured, guess that was not a good night? :p) and last year, Batwoman…(you can also tell how cameras have gotten better over the years!)
But I have always envied those with total creativity, who come up with the most unique costumes. I have a friend last year who went as Jasmine from Aladdin, and her boyfriend sewed his own costume – yep, he was the Magic Carpet. It was awesome – his arms even had tassels on the ends. I’ve seen the good ol’ One Night Stand (dressed as a bedside table of course) and there’s always the celebrity impersonators – if they’re done well, even if they’re not that original, they’re impressive.
I always watch what other people wear really carefully in the hopes that by the time next Halloween rolls around I’ll have remembered a really unique outfit (which everyone else will have forgotten because it’s been a year) and then will be prepared and creative enough to recreate it.
Hmm. That plan hasn’t work out so well just yet, but there you go.
Anyway, party hard and party safe all! And don’t eat too much chocolate :).
To take your mind off Halloween horrors, I have yet another giveaway to distract you! I’m really loving this giveaway roll I’m on now, but one thing is important to note:
****I love offering giveaways, and get paid nothing by the companies to offer their products up as prizes, but I will only ever offer giveaways for companies whose foods I personally eat and enjoy.
Which brings me to this week’s company – also known as every busy, healthy eater’s lifesaver: Amy’s, whose frozen burritos (and numerous other organic, vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free frozen and canned offerings) have got me through so many last-minute meal needs!
I was sent a gorgeous eco-chic Amy’s tote bag and coupons redeemable for three free Amy’s products and I took myself off to the supermarket and returned with my tote stuffed:
- Amy’s bean burritos (dairy free)
- Amy’s enchilada meal
- Amy’s vegetable lasagna
- Amy’s pesto pizza
- Well, now they’re willing to help be a lifesaver to you too! Enter to win this giveaway and you will walk away with one of those eco-chic totes and three coupons for free meals as well! They are redeemable at any supermarket; it just makes life easier than trying to ship frozen meals to you, of course. And the giveaway is open to both the US and Canada!
- You can have up to six chances to win this super prize…just do as many of the following as you can!
- Follow me on Twitter (@AnnaWootton)
- Follow Amy’s on Twitter (@Amys_Kitchen)
- Like the Guiltless Life on Facebook (Facebook.com/theguiltlesslife)
- Tweet about the giveaway (tag me @AnnaWootton and include a link to the giveaway – here’s a short link for you: http://bit.ly/uiXNn2)
- Subscribe to The Guiltless Life (enter your email in the box on the top right hand side of this page)
- The giveaway closes for entries at 6pm Pacific time (9pm Eastern) on Thursday, 3 November. The winner will be announced in Friday’s post, so check back!
- Good luck…!