Happy Thanksgiving for my neighbours to the south for tomorrow!
For this week’s What I Ate Wednesday (thanks to Jenn for hosting!), I thought I would combine it with my monthly feature, Blog Love, in which I link up some of the recipes that have tempted me from my blogroll this month.
As it’s Thanksgiving tomorrow, I thought I’d choose posts featuring recipes I would love to eat this Thanksgiving, if I was living in the US (heck, maybe I’ll just have a second Thanksgiving up here all on my lonesome ;)!).
So this isn’t a What I Ate Wednesday, but rather a What I Want to Eat Thanksgiving post. Does that work?🙂
As is always the case with Blog Love (see here for my first Blog Love post last month), I’ll begin with my top three posts this month. And, in the true spirit of the season, two of the three were food-related posts that both happen to work as Thanksgiving recipe ideas!
My top three posts:
- A Very ‘Bloggy’ Dinner Party, Featuring Butternut Squash Risotto and Balsamic-Roasted Veggies: the risotto and the veggies both make delicious sides or mains for Thanksgiving dinner.
- Swapping Cookies…and Enjoying Pumpkin Protein Pancakes: prevent overeating on Thanksgiving by starting the day with a filling, protein-packed breakfast, that suits the season🙂.
- Bundle Up – It’s Winter Coat Time!: Stay warm on Thanksgiving in style!
And remember, yesterday I offered you a complete vegetarian Thanksgiving recipe round-up from The Guiltless Life’s recipe archives🙂.
Now from my blogroll friends (I just chose a few this month as I wanted to highlight the recipes I really felt would work well for Thanksgiving, and so I would keep the post at a manageable length!)
- Clean-Eating Chelsey shared her crowd-pleasing dip – a Creamy Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dip!
- Ari at The Diva Dish made the ideal Thanksgiving starter – a Lemon Tahini Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts Dip.
- Kate from A Healthy Passion came up with the most inventive fries ever – and who doesn’t love fries? Here are her Rutabaga Fries:
- Angela at Oh She Glows! gives you the perfect vegan main course with her Vegan Lasagna with Basil Cashew Cheezerecipe!
Jenn at Peas and Crayons serves up a delightful Light and Tasty Green Bean Casserole.
- The lovely girls at Naturally Sweet Recipes posted the perfect mini Pecan Tartsfor the holiday.