I’ve seen this quiz on a few blogs, including Jocelyn’s and Chelsey’s, and seeing as I’ve been jam-packed busy all of last weekend and this week, I thought this would be a fun ‘getting-to-know-you’ post that I could fire off really quickly – well, I was wrong.
This quiz takes time!
These questions make you think, but I really enjoyed doing it for exactly that reason. Let me know if you’ve already blogged about this quiz by leaving a link in the comments so I can read yours – and if you haven’t already then get on it! I want to read…I’m nosy that way 😉
Quiz Time: 20 Questions
1) What is one of your favorite ways to spend a Saturday?
Saturday mornings I always head to my yoga studio for a flow class and sauna (or a hot, in which case I skip the sauna!). The afternoon/evenings are dedicated friend time – I either spend the afternoon having lunch and hanging out with a friend, or I do a load of errands and head out for a get-together in the evening. That’s how my Saturdays usually roll, and that’s my favourite way to spend them :).
2) List your top three favorite TV shows.
Ooh…such a toughie! Probably…
1. The Vampire Diaries (helllls ya! But am I the only one that is way more into Stefan and Elena than Damon and Elena? Majorly bummed this season…)
For all the TV shows I tried out this fall, click here.
3) Would you rather be in pictures or take them?
Oh boy, take them! I am completely unphotogenic.
Besides, I like to play around with my new dSLR, so excited to finally have it!
Oh this question is a toughie, in that I could write for days on it. But I love connecting with people I would never otherwise have ‘met’, and sharing ideas and inspiration. It’s such an awesome community.
I explained to one of my friends how within our group of friends I’m kind of odd for my eating habits, eating vegetarian and fairly cleanly, often without gluten or dairy also. But in the blog world, I’m just one of the crowd! I love that.
5) Share five websites that you visit regularly…
Well my blogroll reveals what blogs I visit on the regular, so I’ll go with actual websites:
1. Prompt Proofing (it’s my business, so it’s kind of necessary!)
2. Google (duh)
3. Facebook (double duh)
4. EWG’s Skin Deep Cosmetics Database – you can check the toxicity and allergenic properties of most cosmetics properties on here!
6) If you could have lunch with one person from your Twitter list, who would it be?
I won’t choose a bloggie friend because there’s too many to choose from.
Let’s go with total fantasy and say…Iwan Rheon. He’s on the British show Misfits. His music is awesome and I loved his character on the show! Check out Orange Hoodie!:
7) List a few of your favorite snacks.
You can’t go wrong with an apple dipped in almond butter.
I love Vitamuffins, or any muffin really, drenched in milk and eaten with a spoon (I’m really weird that way, but I finally found someone who does that too – thanks Chelsey for not making me feel as weird ;)).
Hummus and goat cheese on crackers with olives (kind of like a Mediterranean platter) – mmm…
8 ) Do you have a pet? If so, what kind?
Oh boy, if you don’t know this by now you probably don’t come here very often haha. I can’t stop going on about my beautiful 3 boys…from left to right: Bart, Bill and Ben…
9) Which three material possessions would you struggle to live without?
In today’s day and age probably:
1. My little 11-inch Macbook Air rather than my iPhone, because I could still video chat with people but I’d be able to write, which I would go nuts doing on my iPhone’s touch-screen keyboard.
2. My contact lenses, because I’d be pretty much blind…
3. A sweater or socks or something because I. am. always. cold. and there’s nothing I hate more than being. cold.
10) What’s your favorite drink?
Ooh…drink? Probably a fresh fruit and vegetable juice of some kind. Looove juicing!
11) Do you enjoy cooking?
I better! I blog about it several days a week…
12) Do you have children?
No ma’am. At this point I don’t particularly want them but everyone swears I’ll change my mind. We shall see…
13) What are your favorite hobbies?
Yoga, or anything active, photography, writing and dance!
14) Would you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing?
I’m really outgoing when you meet me but I keep a lot hidden until you know me better, so there are definitely parts of me I’m shy about. I just hide them well ;).
15) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change?
Just one? Haha okay, okay…probably my curiosity. It served me well as a journalist but sometimes I think I’m just too nosy. lol.
16) Who is your favorite actor/actress?
Growing up it was all about Tom Hanks and Geena Davis. This may have been because my favourite movie was A League of Their Own.
For example, my favourite actor now would be Joshua Jackson, for no reason other than the fact that I’ve had a crush on him since I was 14 years old and he was Pacey in Dawson’s Creek…
I’d say my favourite actress is probably Kate Winslet, because she’s just so darn talented. So you see? Not entirely shallow decisions :). (Major confession time: I have seen Titanic 38 times. MOST of those before I turned 20. Most.)
17) What’s the coolest thing you’ve done this week?
Oh boy now I’ll sound lame. Ooh, I mastered a new move in yoga! That’s always pretty cool, no? I couldn’t even begin to guess the name of it though, so I can’t tell you what it is. I’ll ask my teacher next class :).
Updated: I asked, and I was told. It is called Bird of Paradise pose and looks like this when executed fully and properly:
I am still working on getting there so I’m still in the ‘stage 1’ part of the pose, which looks like this:
18) Do you live near your family or far from them?
Far. I live with my mom and my sister is in Alberta, just an hour’s flight away. But the rest of my family are all over the world – some in the US, Cayman, England…I’ve never lived close by my extended family.
When you grow up that way your family friends tend to become family, so now I have lots of ‘extended extended family’ but again, they’re all back in Cayman. We just move a lot!
19) List three of your talents.
1. I’m not a terrible, terrible cook.
2. I can play piano and clarinet (not that I do either much anymore).
3. I love writing. It still remains to be seen if it’s a ‘talent’ but I’ll keep my fingers crossed!
20) What is your greatest attribute?
1. Answer any of these questions for yourself.
2. If you’ve already blogged this quiz link to it in the comments below! I can’t wait to read everyone’s!
3. Any question you would add to the 20 Questions list?