I had a couple of friends over to watch the Oscars on Sunday night and I put together a – very cheesy – spread of eats.
The above photo was posted on my Instagram on Sunday, with the caption: “Yes, I am THAT lame.
Still, I had fun trying to come up with puns for all of my eats!
I thought I’d break this post down into two parts. My favourite dish that I put together for the night, fruit skewers, will be posted on Friday. Here’s a teaser:
Oh they were so delicious!
Now bear in mind these are all ideas for party food, and therefore are more about putting things together rather than making things from scratch.
But still, who cares, right? It’s the thought that counts ;).
For example, the dips (“Johnny DIPPs”) I put out were:
- artichoke and asiago dip
- fresh salsa
All storebought. The first three I put out because they were leftovers from my mom’s wine club meeting the night before – so that was a given.
With the salsa I served:
- fresh cut celery
- baby carrots
- fresh cut cucumber sticks
- rice chips (Parmesan tomato flavour)
- potato chips
- rice crackers
Then I served Brad PITT-a Pizzas – simple yet delicious!
Here’s the recipe:
INGREDIENTS (makes 16 wedges):
4 Wholewheat pita breads
1 small tin of pizza sauce
2 cups lowfat mozzarella cheese
Sprigs of fresh basil
Any other toppings (I wanted to make a pizza everyone would like, so I left it as a regular margarita pizza!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Place pita breads on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes to pre-bake them slightly.
2. Remove pitas from oven and spread pizza sauce on top. Then sprinkle with mozzarella and top with basil (you can add the basil at the end if you don’t want it to cook, like mine!).
3. Bake for 10-15 minutes more (until cheese is melted). Then turn the oven to broil until cheese is nicely golden and bubbling.
4. Cut into wedges and serve!