Does this look amazing?
I won’t be modest here. It is!
And can you believe…drumroll please…one of these babies is just 83 calories???
They’re the first thing I made following my 4.5 week cleanse when it ended mid-February. They were wonderful, but I first made them with honey and that flavour was too overpowering – I knew they needed some tweaking. After not having chocolate for 4.5 weeks I knew anything would taste good, so I pledged to make them later on when my tastebuds had normalized again and I could be more discerning.
When Kristine at Busy But Healthy approached me about doing a guest post for her in March, I knew that these souffles would be the perfect post. Kristine, like me, blogs low-sugar, naturally sweetened recipes all the time, and a lot of her recipes are gluten-free as well, which I try to do as often as possible. So I figured these would be a good fit. Therefore, you’ll be seeing this picture twice if you follow both of our blogs – it went up today at Busy But Healthy – but you have to go there to get the recipe!
Below is the nutritional information per souffle. It can’t be beat, so what are you waiting for? Head on over to Busy But Healthy and get the recipe now!
*UPDATED TO ADD RECIPE:
INGREDIENTS (makes 6 soufflés):
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup almond milk
2 tbsp coconut flour
6 tbsp maple syrup
4 tbsp egg whites (or 2 egg whites)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a saucepan over low heat mix cocoa and flour and add milk and the maple syrup.
2. Heat, stirring for 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites till stiff peaks form.
4. Fold about a half of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture. Use a metal spoon to cut the mixture into the chocolate, so you don’t remove too much air from the egg whites. Once almost combined, add the other half.
5. Spoon mixture into ramekin dishes sprayed with cooking oil. You can make six of the size that are pictured here, or four by filling the ramekins a little fuller.
6. Bake 15 minutes. Serve immediately to prevent SSS (Sinking soufflé syndrome ).
Nutritional information per souffle if serves 6: