You asked, you will receive!
I have posted my protein muffin recipe before with two other flavour variations:
After posting the chocolate version I asked if you would prefer to see apple maple walnut or banana nut next. You asked for apple maple walnut, so here we go (though I have made the banana nut version as well and will post that soon too!).
I did my best to keep these around 100 calories (if you are not concerned about calories, you can always add a drop extra of maple syrup and use as many walnuts as you like – even stirring some into the batter).
These ones are actually my favourite variety so far! The chunks of apple in them just give a delicious texture, they came out nice and fluffy, and the maple on the top is that perfect touch of sweetness to complement the apple and nuts!
I hope you enjoy :).
*Note: I did not put any stevia into this recipe as I felt the apple and maple syrup sweetened it enough. Taste the batter; if you feel it needs extra sweetness feel free to add a couple of packets of stevia.
Apple Maple Walnut Protein Muffins
INGREDIENTS (makes 8):
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 apple, diced
1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese
6 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
3. In a blender, add Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, applesauce and egg and blend until smooth.
4. Add wet ingredients to bowl of dry and stir until just combined. Fold in the diced apple.
5. Fill 8 muffin cups with the batter. Sprinkle the walnuts evenly over the top of the muffins. Then drizzle the maple syrup evenly over the top of the muffin batter also.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until springy to the touch. Enjoy!
Nutritional information per muffin if makes 8: