For April, I had set out to:
- Get more creative
- Get back into my routine
- Get out more
It was tough to achieve these this month because my eye surgery happened. I had set a goal in March to be more relaxed about my eye surgery as my optician had finally referred me to the surgeon’s office in March. But nothing seemed to have happened about the surgery by the time April started so I figured it would take longer than I thought.
Well, apparently not, because once April began I got a call from the surgeon and then it all just sped up from there. so in the end, I spent 2 1/2 weeks of April in outdated glasses, meaning I couldn’t drive anywhere (they were far too weak) and didn’t feel much like socializing. Then I had my surgery on the 26th and was left to recuperate. So the last three goals on April’s list were a bit tough to accomplish.
On the plus side? I completed the April Photo-a-Day Challenge, and that on its own is enough to justify feeling that I achieved my first goal laid out in April’s post: get more creative. Woo-hoo for small achievements! Haha.
So here are my goals for May:
- Eat more vegetables – specifically eat a salad a day (this is a personal challenge! I am photographing them also, and will post the photos in next month’s goal round-up. NOTE: I only decided on this goal on May 7th, so there will be one missing week – sorry). Yes, that is May 7th’s salad above. See? I promised proof!
- Throw an awesome baby shower for my sister – did that ;). Round-up coming tomorrow!
- Be more prepared with my meals – take my own advice!
- Get back into yoga – I have had 1-2 months off, as I was trying out other workouts and was not allowed to work out for 10 days or so around my surgery.
- Are any of these goals yours as well? I’d love to hear!
- I challenge you to accept the salad a day challenge as well! A great way to get a whole wack of veggie servings in each day 🙂