So I’ve kinda been inundating you with protein muffins in the last few months.
After my first ones – Lemon Poppyseed Protein Muffins – were so popular I asked if anyone wanted any other flavours, so along came:
Banana Nut Protein Muffins
INGREDIENTS (makes 8):
1/3 cup flour (any type, I typically use spelt)
1/3 cup coconut flour
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese
3 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
1 large egg
1 medium banana, very ripe
2 tbsp chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
3. In a blender, add Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, applesauce, banana and egg and blend until smooth.
4. Add wet ingredients to bowl of dry and stir until just combined. If batter seems too dry you can add a splash of non-dairy milk to it.
5. Fill 8 muffin cups with the batter. Sprinkle the walnuts evenly over the top of the muffins.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until springy to the touch. Enjoy!
Nutritional information per muffin if makes 8:
- What are your weekend plans? It’s a long weekend here in Vancouver, so I’m heading over to Mayne Island – just off our coast – to celebrate a friend’s birthday. A long weekend in a cabin on a remote island with about 8 other friends – I can’t wait!