I thought I’d start off the weekend in fine style, by offering you guys a giveaway to launch the summer :).
It’s been a while since my last giveaway and I do love hosting these because they are just a way of expressing my ongoing gratitude to you all for reading and supporting The Guiltless Life.
Why a digital food scale, you ask?
I say…why not? 🙂
I grew up with English parents (and spent a few years living in England). It was actually when I was in England that I first got into cooking, thanks to Food and Nutrition classes I took at school. Therefore all the recipes I first learned are traditionally English recipes, meaning that measurements are given in ounces (or grams), not cups.
For example, a standard sponge cake recipe (ie birthday cake) from England is 4 ounces of flour, 4 ounces butter, 4 ounces sugar and 1 egg. Can’t get more simple than that, right?
I’m not suggesting you overhaul how you follow recipes, but weighing food can allow for more accuracy, it can allow for easy downsizing of recipes, and it can also aid you in other ways too, not just following recipes.
The generous company behind this giveaway is Slimkicker. Their website is a great resource for diet and fitness tips and it is geared towards helping you reach your fitness goals, by turning them into a level-up game with challenges. Their website also has a section of healthy diet recipes.
(Oh, and check out how thin this scale is! It’ll take up no room at all in your kitchen!)
So here are the logistics:
- The giveaway is open to any resident of US or Canada.
- There are four opportunities to enter. You don’t need to leave a comment for each entry – just leave one comment telling me how many entries you completed (and what they were).
- Winner will be announced in Monday’s post – along with a delicious warm-weather-appropriate cake recipe!
- Entries close 6pm Pacific Time on Sunday evening.
Get entering…here’s how:
- Follow @slimkicker on Twitter.
- Tweet about this giveaway (tag me in it please @AnnaWootton)!
- Like The Guiltless Life on Facebook.
- Leave a comment answering this question: How do you stay motivated to be fit and healthy?
See you on Monday peeps – I’ll have a delicious recipe and, of course, I’ll announce the winner! Good luck!