You guys all really seemed to like my first Thursday Thoughts post last week and we got some great discussions going! Seeing as, well, I have a lot of thoughts in a week, I thought I’d continue it.
- Food holidays – I love ’em, as does any food blogger, because – on the rare occasion that I remember to look them up – they give us something to blog about when we’re fresh outta ideas. Today, for example, is National Macaroon Day, apparently. No, I have no macaroon recipes on the blog. But here are some great posts about macaroons and featuring macaroon recipes: check out Gillian here, and the master of healthy macaroon making – Kris – here, here and here. You guys had your Macaroon Day fill now? Good, let’s continue.
- Salad-a-Day May – who knew? Apparently May is National Salad Month – or something like that. And it’s also the month I planned my Salad-a-Day Challenge. Honestly, not deliberate. But maybe I should pretend it was?
- My birthday isn’t until July 1st (my sister’s, however, is tomorrow!). But does anyone else get birthday planning anxiety? Where all of a sudden they realize their birthday is coming up and that means the pressure is on to plan something awesome or resign yourself to celebrating your birthday by … well, not celebrating it? It’s kinda like the New Year’s Eve pressure. I threw a big party last year (pictured above) so this year I think I’ll keep it simple, but I haven’t come up with any ideas … yet …
- I really envy those people who have known their whole lives what they wanted to do for a career. I always knew what I didn’t want to do. And I knew I wanted to be a writer, but really, that’s not a job as such, as much as I’ve tried to make it one. I feel like, at 26, I’m still working out what I want to be when I grow up. Yikes! News flash: I’m grown up. Better get on with that…
- This was all getting a bit deep, so let’s switch tacks here for a second…I of course wasted too much time this week on Pinterest. My top faves?
- Here for the ultimate in wedding photo cuteness.
- Here for the ultimate in (sweet) hors d’oeuvres cuteness.
- Here for the ultimate in cookie dough cuteness (because cookie dough is a category in and of itself, of course).
- Here for the ultimate in summer style cuteness (and isn’t that that girl who used to be on Gossip Girl?)
Childhood Throwback Thoughts:
- We all got so nostalgic over The Oregon Trail last week, but what about pogs??? This might be met with silence and the sound of crickets chirping, as I’m not sure if these were only popular in England. However, I played with them in Cayman too and we are very influenced by the States, so I’m thinking they were popular in the US too? I remember having my ‘slammers’ and ‘pogs’ and trading them with friends for better ones – so funny, because I still don’t remember what the point of the game was!
- Do you get birthday planning anxiety?
- Have you always known what you wanted to ‘be’ when you grew up?
- Did you play with pogs growing up?
- What’s a Thursday Thought of your own you want to share?