It’s been forever since I posted, so I figured I should come back with a bang.
I’m fast approaching my blogiversary – 1 year of being here, sharing recipes, thoughts and fitness ideas with y’all.
My actual blogiversary for The Guiltless Life (it began as Guiltless & Gourmet beforehand) is August 29th. I thought I would express my apologies for my absence and try and celebrate my blogiversary with a giveaway…sound good?
I’ll leave this one up for 10 days, giving you lots of chances to enter! Then I’ll announce the winner on my blogiversary, Wednesday August 29th!
So I’m sure you’d rather find out what I have to offer rather than what I’ve been up to, right?
Fair enough – besides, I can pretty much summarize what I’ve been up to in 3 short bullet points:
- Living life and enjoying the summer! Spending time with family, friends and outdoors in this lovely weather (see pic above!). Enjoying, to be honest, the lack of screen time when it’s so nice outside.
- Being completely glued to the Olympics, which totally conflicts with the above point. I wanted to get outside yet I wanted to watch all of the action going down! I did as much PVRing and fast-forwarding as I could and watched the events that I really loved – swimming, gymnastics, tennis, soccer, diving, athletics…okay, so there was a lot!
- Working, and a lot of thinking!
I’ll hopefully elaborate more on that last point as things become clearer in my own head!
Told you there wasn’t much to share ;). Now onto the giveaway…
If anyone out there is as avid a CLIF bar eater as I am (check out my love for LUNA bars as previously expressed, here), you’ll be just as excited about the new CLIF Bar Crunch which is now out in Canada. The lovely peeps over at CLIF sent me a sample of the flavours – white chocolate macadamia, chocolate chip, blueberry crisp and peanut butter.
I was seriously impressed by these bars. Why?
1) The crunch factor. I didn’t expect to, honestly, because I have always been more of a chewy girl than a crunchy one when it comes to protein or granola bars or cookies etc. But these were awesome. Has anyone else had those Nature Valley granola bars? These reminded me of that – they come in a pack of 2 crunchy bars and the peanut butter one tastes very similar to the peanut butter flavour of the Nature Valley bars. But these have better nutritionals (more protein, more healthy fats) and way more flavours than the NV bars.
2) I liked EVERY flavour. This also doesn’t happen all that often. I even wrote in my LUNA bar review that I’m not the biggest fan of the Lemon Zest flavour (yet I know people who love that and hate my favourite, Nutz Over Chocolate, so I guess it depends on individual tastebuds). But I loved ALL of these. If I had to choose a least favourite it would probably be the Peanut Butter only because I felt like I’d tasted it before. And if you know me, me not preferring a peanut butter flavour bar is crazy! My favourite? Probably the Blueberry Crisp! It tasted so fresh and delicious and I couldn’t imagine anything better than crumbling a bar up over some Greek yogurt sweetened with lemon stevia. Blueberry and lemon goodness! I really don’t think much needs to be said about the White Chocolate Macadamia and Chocolate Chip flavours – yes they are awesome (duh!).
3) The nutrition info impressed me. The whole pack of both bars is 190 cals, but because they’re packaged in two bars I easily could take one and, as I said, have it over Greek yogurt, for a really protein-packed snack under 200 cals. On the other hand, if I was on a hike or somewhere where I wanted more carbs, I would have the whole pack and it’s perfect in that way for its portability.
4) I could really taste the whole grains in this bar. It’s made with organic whole grains made up of oats, barley and rye (so it’s high in fibre too!) and I loved that I could detect the actual grains in the bar, and knew I was having something made with whole grains that absorb slower into my bloodstream, for more lasting energy.
5) A lot of the sweetness comes from honey, which I super appreciate, being a fan of natural sweeteners. I have to say, I had a bar and it didn’t spike my blood sugar the way sugary items do, so that was a major plus too. Obviously, as the bars were partly created by athletes, they have looked into creating a product that will give you sustained energy through a workout rather than a sugar spike and crash.
Okay, you’ve convinced me, so what do we get??
Okay, okay, I’ll get to the good stuff!
CLIF Bars is giving one lucky Guiltless Life reader $50 worth of energy products!
These will include:
- of course, the new CLIF Crunch bars
- LUNA bars (pictured)
- CLIF bars
- CLIF Shots
- CLIF Shot Bloks
To enter, you have to live in Canada (I promise a US giveaway will come along soon!), and complete one or more of the following (each action gets an entry – just leave a comment including all the entries you’ve made so I give you credit for them all!):
- Retweet my tweet about this giveaway (which can be found here)
- Like my Facebook post about this giveaway (which can be found here)
- Follow me on Twitter (here)
- Like me on Facebook (here)
- Leave a comment letting me know your go-to for a healthy snack
There you have it – 5 chances to win, and entries close at 5pm Pacific Time on Tuesday August 28th. Best of luck!