Hi all! How’s the Advent season going so far? The roomies and I bought and decorated our tree on Saturday as we had a housewarming/Advent party that night – it was a great success and went into the weeeee hours of the morning. To say I am tired as I write this is an understatement (it’s Sunday evening now).
Anyway, to assist my tiredness let’s get right to the point, otherwise I fear I’ll stop making sense.
To those of you who have been participating in the Healthy Breakfast Challenge thus far – good for you! How’s it going? As Christmas party season heats up, is a fulfilling, nutritious breakfast keeping you going and on track throughout your days?
For me, even on days when it’s been tough for me to stay on track, having had a balanced breakfast at least reassures me that my body got something nutritious that day. I hope it’s doing the same for you!
And for those of you who have yet to take part in the Challenge, boy, do I have some incentive for you!
The lovely folks at NuNaturals – my favourite stevia company, as you well know – have just released their new Chocolate stevia flavour. It’s amazing – not as sweet as some of the other flavoured liquid stevia products, like the lemon or orange, but with a subtle chocolate flavour that really complements your favourite chocolate dish.
It is not so strongly chocolatey that you would need to miss out the chocolate – so just add it to whatever chocolate drinks or dishes you are making.
So far, I have mixed with Greek yogurt and topped it on my chocolate chip Fitnessista breakfast cookie (see below), and used it to sweeten hot chocolate – just mix a tablespoon of cocoa powder with 1 cup soy milk, and add 1/2-1 dropper of chocolate stevia. Top with whipped cream for an extra decadent treat!
Well, NuNaturals not only have a new chocolate stevia out but also peppermint. So they have kindly offered up a prize pack to FOUR Healthy Breakfast Challenge participants. Here’s what you’ll get:
- One bottle of NuNaturals’ top-selling stevia, vanilla liquid stevia
- One bottle of NuNaturals’ new peppermint liquid stevia
- One bottle of NuNaturals’ new chocolate liquid stevia
To enter, complete one or more of the following actions. The more actions you complete – and the more times you participate in the Healthy Breakfast Challenge – the more contest entries you get!
***THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.***
- Like NuNaturals on Facebook
- Like The Guiltless Life on Facebook
- Like Your Healthy Place (health coaching services by Anna) on Facebook
- Subscribe to The Guiltless Life by email (box on right hand side of blog)
- Follow me on Twitter
- Enter the Healthy Breakfast Challenge by emailing, Tweeting or Facebooking me a picture of your breakfast and a bit about what it is! NOTE: Every time you send in a picture you get an extra entry to the contest!
EDIT: This contest is open to all readers worldwide! Closing date is by end of day (6pm Pacific Time) next MONDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2012. I’ll publish the winners later that week.
Keep the challenge going until Christmas, but I will post a final Challenge round-up post the week after this contest closes.
Also, NuNaturals has been kind enough to offer a couple of special discounts to my readers:
- When ordering on NuNaturals’ website, enter the discount code BLG1212 and you will receive 15% off your entire order. Good until December 31, 2012.
- Online ordering customers will also receive free shipping to the continental US on all orders exceeding $35.00 after discounts.
As for now, it’s #HealthyBreakfastChallenge update time! Let’s see the delicious treats you’ve been sending in…
*Reader Melissa Leigh emailed in her breakfast – two types of cereal layered with blueberries and Greek yogurt:
*Lucie from Fit Swiss Chick Tweeted:
– Chicken omelet with unpictured green veg
– Pumpkin protein smoothie with gluten-free maple granola
– Spinach protein apple smoothie with cinnamon on top
– In her words, “gross-looking, delicious-tasting, apple, protein powder, chia seeds, 1/2 avocado”.
– Breakfast-on-the-go: omelet, spinach and a pear:
– Omelet with spinach and cherry tomatoes:
– Spinach berry protein smoothie:
– Spinach pear protein smoothie:
– Apple protein smoothie:
* Karey from Nutty About Health Tweeted:
– Pumpkin French Toast with Craisins, peanut butter, sugar-free maple syrup and turkey bacon:
* Nadja Tweeted:
– Healthy oat cookies:
– Scrambled eggs with veggies:
* Elle at We Can Begin to Feed Tweeted:
– Sweet squash scramble (recipe here):
– Banana protein cake with yogurt and peanut butter (recipe here):
– Baked eggs over mushrooms (recipe here):
– Protein pancake with Greek yogurt and a bit of syrup with a Ruby Red grapefruit:
– Flax, chia, Greek yogurt, cinnamon, dried cranberries and pepitas over sliced banana:
And as it is a Monday, I am linking this post up to Healthy Diva Eats‘ Marvelous in my Monday link party!