It’s that time again!
Time to spread the loooveee…
I’ve got some exciting new additions to my blogroll this month and can’t wait to showcase some of my favourite June posts from the blog world.
To start with, let’s recap the top 3 posts from The Guiltless Life for June:
Clearly you guys like the protein treats as much as I do! Thanks for reading, as always :).
Now onto some of my picks from the blog world this month…
- With my birthday coming up on Sunday, I am in a birthday frame of mind, and I thought Meg’s round-up post about her birthday was awesome. She reflected on how far she’s come in this past year and included tons of photos showcasing a great birthday, complete with good times with family, relaxation and an awesome looking chocolate cake and pumpkin trifle…so a belated Happy Birthday Meg!
- From one celebration to another, Happy 1-Year Anniversary to Katie and her husband Mike! They celebrated in major style, but what I really wanted to give a shout-out to Katie for was her fantastic new link party, Marvelous in my Monday. I am linking to the most recent post, but they’ve been going on for a few weeks now so you can check them all out on her blog. I link my posts up whenever I can and really love the positive energy she’s always putting out, so thank you Katie!
- Okay, okay, so technically this post was put up just at the end of May, but I finally got around to making it this month and it’s so phenomenal I had to make sure I shared! A perfect light mayo-less potato salad with all of that flavour you expect from a fab potato salad! It’s so great for summer – you’ll want to take it along to your next BBQ and wow everyone. Thanks to Kristine for the fabulous recipe!
- Sam at Fit for my Fork is one of my new blogroll additions and I am so thrilled to have ‘met’ her! She’s a Canadian girl living in England but about to move back to Canada – Calgary, specifically. It just so turns out I’ll be in Calgary towards the end of July for the birth of my sister’s baby, so we are definitely planning a meet-up! I just loved this thought-provoking post Sam wrote, discussing recent study statistics that showed few youngsters know where their food is coming from. It’s quite depressing, really! You have to read this post and see if the stats surprise you. She also talks about the Never Seconds blog which most of you have probably heard of already, and it has been causing quite a stir in the UK!
- It’s major celebration month here on Blog Love! Congrats to Chelsea from Naturally Sweet Recipes, who graduated this month! In celebration the sisters posted this AMAZING chocolate chip cookie cupcake recipe that has been calling to me for days now… yum…
- Jocelyn blogged about the 3 green vegetables we should all be eating. I’m pretty good with the broccoli, but I definitely need to tackle my fear of kale and get into the Swiss chard too! It’s a great post highlighting the nutritional benefits of all of these greens!
- I don’t think anyone’s ever had a better idea than Jenn’s decision to put a carrot cake muffin inside a baked sweet potato for her Carrot Cake Stuffed Sweet Potato recipe! Yes, she was pretty excited in that post – and with darn good reason! Hello? Doesn’t that just sound like the most fabulous blast of vitamin A your tastebuds will ever get??
- Last but DEFINITELY not least, the organizational freak in me wants to leave you with my dream link! Ari put together the most phenomenally comprehensive pantry list and a gorgeous grocery list template for y’all over at The Diva Dish. Don’t miss it!
- Any great links you want to share? Don’t be shy, you can link up to your own posts!